“Human trafficking” means to be business that, transports, passes, sells, purchases and provides to live or receive human by threatening, using force against, detaining-holding back or other ways by kidnaping, defrauding, attacking, seizing important documents, cheating by using wrongful authority, giving, receiving benefits for getting consent of a person who have authority, control other person for intention to seek for example seek for benefit from prostitution of other person, seek for sexual benefit in other way, forcing to beg for money, producing & broadcastingpornography, forcing to work or other actions like taking people to be slaves, making people under control or cutting organs from body for some benefits.
Helping sufferers from harassment in life and property or victim of human trafficking of children, disable people or normal people have to assuage body, mind and get care in welfare protection center. Sufferers, witnesses and families will get care and education and can ask for compensation.
Punishments of person who provides, detains, retains or does something else like human trafficking are as follows.
- If sufferers are normal people who commit an offence they have to get punishment by imprisoning for 4 – 12 years or fining 400,000 – 1,200,000 Baht.
- If sufferers are children over than 15 years but not reach 18 years defendants will get punishment by imprisoning for 6 – 15 years or fining 600,000 – 1,500,000 baht.
- If sufferers are children not over than 15 years or disable, Schizophrenia people or people who commit an offence defendants will get punishment by imprisoning for 8 – 20 years or fining 800,000 – 2,000,000 baht.
- If sufferers get hurt seriously or serious disease defendants will get punishment by imprisoning for 8 – 20 years of fining 800,000 – 2,000,000 baht or imprison forever.
- In case sufferers pass away defendants will get punishment by imprisoning forever or executing.
If someone sees committing an offense or victim of human trafficking he or she can inform clue for helping in time at social help center. Hotline 1300
Thank you for interesting information from office of justice affairs.